Friday, July 30, 2010

Separation Anxiety



The family recently returned from our first vacation together. A memory I will always hold dear to my heart is the day we hiked to the bottom of Basaseachi in the Copper Canyon. I carried you down the mountainside and then back up, and though it was a lot of work, the memory of you and your mother's giant smile as we made it to the bottom of the waterfall will bring me an indescribable joy for the rest of my life. In many ways, I feel like a better and stronger man when I am with you and mom. This makes some seemingly hard tasks quite easy. The only thing I found difficult was holding back the tears as I had to drive away from the house my first day returning to work. Our family vacation showed me how valuable our time together is to me. I think it has done the same for you, because now you're showing some signs of separation anxiety. I will do my best to help you through this, but I have to warn you that this week I have cut my hours at work in half so that I can stay home with you. So even though I am going through some the same things as you, I think the best thing I can do right now is show you that in so many ways you are not alone.
-Papá

No comments:

Post a Comment