Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Smarty Pants

You are a baby genius if I ever saw one.  Now-a-days:  You can give high fives!  You can wave bye-bye!  You can imitate actions.  You understand: "NO!".  As in - "no, you can't put that in your mouth!"  You recognize your daddy and say da-da with such excitement when he comes home!  You are exceptionally strong and climb over everything and everyone!  You are amazing.  Your abundant curiosity and new found abilities got me thinking.  Learning something new is such an amazing thing!  I still get a sort of thrill when I learn something new.  Though you've been absorbing the world around you since you were in the womb - now that there is a tangible return for the little things you are learning - it is so exciting to think about everything you will learn and that you will continue to learn for the rest of your life.  I think it was Eartha Kitt (look her up) that said:  "I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma."  This lifelong relationship with learning has begun. 
-Mamá

1 comment:

  1. When I started tickling you and giving you raspberries I was just trying to make you laugh. I never taught you would learn them as a form of interaction. You started giving everybody raspberries a few weeks back, but yesterday you tried to tickle me with your nose. You did a little growl and started rubbing your nose in my neck. It was the cutest thing I have ever seen, and can't remember the last time I laughed so hard.

    ReplyDelete